Apprentice Engineer in Life Safety & Security Systems
Salary: National Minimum Wage for apprentices
Start Date: 2020-08-03
Recruiter: EFT Systems Ltd
Job DescriptionClosing Date: 31/03/2020
Expected Duration: 3 Years
Location: Southport is the head office but you will work local to your area and over the North West
• Ability to understand and learn engineering principles
• Develop skills to service, install and repair the key systems of our industry.
• Managing and maintaining own van stock once a van has been assigned to you.
• Placing orders for equipment, first ensuring that equipment is not already available in EFT Stores.
Clear and precise communication with customers
• Booking appointments directly with customers where required
• Coordination and liaison with customers providing continued updates on queries and outstanding works ensuring we are delivering high level customer service to our clients.
• Frequent Overtime Opportunity
• Discretionary Company Bonus
• Company vehicle – Dependant on age and ability
• Laptop/Phone – Dependant on age and ability
• Lifestyle benefits: Medicash following successful completion of probation period (6 months).
• Continuous professional development opportunities.
• Holidays: 29 Days per year paid holiday (including Bank Holidays), increasing to a maximum of 32 Days with time served
Company pension available
Desired skills• IT Competent to be able use a PDA and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel)
• Full, clean driving license or show evidence of working towards. (Expected to have passed Driving Theory Test within 6 months of employment).
• Must pass full DRB check
• Must pass British Standard Security Screening (BS7858)
• It would be an advantage to have some engineering experience. Though training is provided:
Maths and English GSCE preferred but not essential
Personal qualities• Must be able to perform well as an individual and as well as part of a team.
• Enjoy your work and embrace challenges such as fault finding.
• Taking initiative
• Energy, Drive, Enthusiasm, and a CAN-DO ATTITUDE
• Personable and enjoy interaction with other areas of the business.
• Willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate is a person whom wants to stay and grow with the business over the years to come.