Apprentice Fire and Security Technician
Salary: £144.30 per week
Start Date: 2019-02-04
Recruiter: Guardhall Security Services Ltd
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Fire and Security Technician based in Accrington. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
This role combines both electrical and mechanical maintenance, as a mechanical maintenance apprentice you will be responsible for and required to carry our planned and emergency fault diagnosis. You will learn to maintain and install mechanical equipment and restore components to a usable condition.
Electrical Maintenance entails:
- Planned and emergency fault diagnosis
- You will also learn to test and repair electrical equipment and circuits alongside carrying out inspections, fixing, repairing and maintaining machinery in an electrical aspect
The vacancy is an opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in Engineering. If successful the apprenticeship could consist of up to 4 years learning. The first year will be based full time, Mon to Fri, at Training 2000 Ltd in the Engineering workshop where the apprentice will gain an insight into Engineering, and start to develop new skills relevant to the tasks they will be completing once they return to their respective employer. As well as this they will also begin their Further Education course, BTEC Diploma, City and Guilds, which will be 1 day a week classroom based learning.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good practical skills
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well spoken
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade C or above including English, maths. Science and Technology is desirable
- Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable
Guardhall is the security systems division of one of the UK’s leading security companies; Lodge Service Group, and provides full engineering support for security systems including; design, installation, training, service and remote monitoring through the Group's own receiving centre, catering for all market sectors where a systems solutions approach is needed.
Guardhall Security Services Ltd