Apprentice Fire & Security Systems Engineer
Salary: National Minimum Wage for apprentices
Start Date: 2020-09-01
Recruiter: Emex Fire & Security Ltd
The apprentice will complete a three-year work-based learning apprenticeship, by attending college and working with a qualified engineer. They will assist in the installation of a range of security and fire products.
Training to be provided by a training provider and also on site training by shadowing other engineers.
- Level 3 Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician standard
- Functional Skills maths and English (if required)
- One to one training in all security & fire disciplines
- You will experience real world problem solving and installing a variety of systems that will give you the skill set to become a qualified installer
As well as qualifications gained through the apprenticeship, we will look at additional industry related courses and qualifications to assist with your learning and skill set. These may range from IPAF qualifications to gaining a ECS Card.
Although based in Cardiff, Emex Fire & Security have several national contracts and you will be required to travel with a colleague for work. We undertake work in both England and Wales and candidates will be required to stay away from home on an occasional basis.
- The apprentice will be working with a qualified engineer and will assist in the installation of a range of security and fire products (CCTV Systems, Access Control, Fire Systems, Intruder Systems) in a wide range of premises (Domestic, Commercial, Industrial and Banks).
- It is preferred that you have good IT skills as our larger projects require the use of computers and networks.
- Electrical and electronic principles - including codes of practice, commissioning, design criteria and installation, testing and maintenance techniques
- Installing, testing and maintaining different systems - including a range of fire, emergency and security systems
- System technologies - including storing, retrieving, manipulating, transmitting and receiving electronic data across a range of information communication technology (ICT) applications
- Using ICT tools and equipment - including email, mobile devices, personal computers and web applications
- Communications - including communication styles and communicating in a clear, articulate and appropriate manner
- Specialist fire, security, fire and emergency lighting or fire and security technician skills
- Health and safety practices, regulations and legislation within fire, emergency and security environments - including environmental compliance
Once qualified opportunities to progress within Engineering, Management, Sales
Things to consider:
- Security Vetting will be undertaken prior and on commencement of employment in line with our industry standards.
- From time to time you will be required to work away from home.
- You must be reliable, enthusiastic, willing to learn and able to use your initiative
- It is preferred that you have good IT skills as our larger projects require the use of computers and networks
You should have good timekeeping and communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
Qualifications required include Grade C/4 or above in maths, English, Physics and ICT
From our base in Cardiff, we serve a wide range of individuals, businesses and organisations with our fire alarm, intruder alarms, CCTV, access control, fire risk assessments and fire training services. We have over 30 years’ experience in this industry and like our previous customers, you can count on us to provide you with a bespoke solution to meet your specific needs.
We know that each individual or business is different, so we aim to provide you with a tailored solution and not an off-the-shelf package that will not meet your needs. We have comprehensive insurance and our technicians and assessors are fully trained, insured and have many years of experience.
What You Get?
We are much more than just fire safety equipment providers. We also offer you bespoke and affordable design and installation for our key services such as fire alarms, fire extinguishers, access control and CCTV systems. We endeavour to exceed your expectations and deliver a high quality service at all times.
We also provide fire training for your fire wardens to ensure you are fully compliant with legislation, and at the end of our training sessions, we provide certificates to all attendees.