Apprentice Security Systems Engineer
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Start Date: 2020-04-06
Recruiter: G4S Secure Solutions
As part of the development of the site based team in Somerset, we have a vacancy for an Apprentice Security Systems Engineer, to work alongside our experienced engineering team on one of the largest and most exciting projects currently in the UK if not Western Europe and beyond.
The role will involve working on some of the most technically advanced security systems available, in a very challenging environment.
It will provide the successful candidate with the training, qualifications and experience to go on to a career not just within the electronic security industry, but also potentially within the Nuclear New Build industry.
Training to be provided:
Fire, Emergency and Security Systems Technician Apprenticeship
Potential to also complete system specific qualifications and training courses such as:
- Avigilon Ultra HD IP CCTV
- Software House C-Cure Access Control
- South West Microwave Perimeter Intruder Detection
- ASL Pubilic Address / Voice Annunciation
- Allied Telesis Network Infrastructure
The closing for applications is 15.12.2019
The role of a fully qualified Security Systems Engineer at Hinkley Point C includes the following responsibilities:
- Attend to reactive fault calls as directed by the team coordinators and/or Senior Site Engineer, with rectification of fault on first visit being a critical KPI.
- Carry out rolling programme of preventative maintenance as scheduled by the team coordinators and/or Senior Site Engineer.
- Carry out additional installation and commissioning works as directed by team coordinators and/or Senior Site Engineer.
- Assist Senior Site Engineer and Technical Lead in the pre-production test environment before release into the live environment.
- Assist the Design Team in conducting surveys around the site for additional works.
- Accurate collection and recording of site hardware and software configuration information in conjunction with the CAD Engineer.
- Maintain site stock (spares) levels.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Provide cover on an out of hours bases on a rotating basis.
- Assist the site based Health and Safety Manager and Project Director in ensuring audits are carried out for quality procedures.
- In conjunction with the Senior Site Engineer and Health & Safety Manager, to assist in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other documentation as required to gain Permits to Work in a timely manner.
- To proactively interact with other site based teams, building a good rapport, ensuring the smooth flow of information to enable the efficient running of the site operation.
- To work in absolute compliance with all site procedures and embrace the customer’s ‘Zero Harm to People and the Environment’ mantra.
- Carry out any additional tasks that may be required.
- Basic knowledge of Computer Systems / Software, gained either formally through qualifications or through general interest.
- Good applied mathematical skills
- Practical person
- Interest in Computers, Gadgets, Electronics
- Enthusiastic, Team Player
- Can do attitude to life
G4S Fire and Security Systems have secured a 10 year contract for the provision of Security Infrastructure for the construction phase of the Hinkley Point C New Nuclear Power Station, near Bridgwater in Somerset.