Fire, Emergency and Security Apprentice Engineer
Salary: National Minimum Wage for apprentices
Start Date: 2020-03-2
Recruiter: CTS Security
We are recruiting an Apprentice Security Systems Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Level 3 Fire, Emergency & Security System Apprenticeship which typically takes 3 years to complete and is offered by BMet College.
Working for Norfolk’s leading security company, you will join a team of 8 Security Systems Engineers, who have a wealth of experience between them and will be able to provide the required on the job training and support to assist you in successfully completing your Apprenticeship.
The position is full-time. You will be offered competitive rates of pay, 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) and a friendly working environment.
Job offer will be subject to satisfactory security screening and DBS checks.
Please apply by email, including a CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Installation and maintenance of fire alarm, intruder alarm, CCTV and Access Control systems under the guidance of an experienced technician.
- Maintenance and remedial works to fire alarm, intruder alarm, CCTV and Access Control systems under the guidance of an experienced fire alarm technician
- Carry out fire alarm, intruder alarm, CCTV and Access Control servicing and complete certification onto the PDA whilst on site with guidance from an experienced fire alarm technician
- Observe good health and safety practices whilst on site and attend bi-annual refresher training in a variety of health and safety training subjects
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Security Industry
- Demonstrated strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Mechanical, fitting or servicing equipment experience advantageous
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, prioritise tasks and work on own initiative to ensure high standards of service delivery
- Familiarity with safe working practices and Health and Safety requirements
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Fire, Emergency and Security Systems Technician design, install, commission and maintain electronic systems in and outside simple and complex premises to protect individuals, homes and properties from risk and danger.
Systems include fire, security and emergency systems to detect intrusion, provide surveillance, monitor and control access to buildings, properties and sites or to detect fire and emergencies.