Apprentice Engineer in Life Safety & Security Systems
Manchester, Bradford, York and Cheshire Area
Salary: National Minimum Wage for apprentices
Start Date: 2020-12-10
Recruiter: EFT Systems Ltd
Manchester - 2 Vacancies
Bradford - 1 Vacancy
York - 1 Vacancy
Cheshire Area - 1 Vacancy
• Ability to understand and learn engineering principles
• Develop skills to service, install and repair the key systems of our industry.
• Managing and maintaining own van stock once a van has been assigned to you.
• Placing orders for equipment, first ensuring that equipment is not already available in EFT Stores.
Clear and precise communication with customers
• Booking appointments directly with customers where required
• Coordination and liaison with customers providing continued updates on queries and outstanding works ensuring we are delivering high level customer service to our clients.
Training to be provided
• Attending Training both internal and external and carrying out additional studies in your own time as the learning curriculum requires.
• Carry out both written and practical tests and assessments.
• Supporting other apprentice engineers – As training progresses.
The ideal candidate is a person whom wants to stay and grow with the business over the years to come.
• IT Competent to be able use a PDA and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel)
• Full, clean driving license or show evidence of working towards. (Expected to have passed Driving Theory Test within 6 months of employment).
• Must pass full DRB check
• Must pass British Standard Security Screening (BS7858)
• Must be able to perform well as an individual and as well as part of a team.
• Enjoy your work and embrace challenges such as fault finding.
• Taking initiative
• Energy, Drive, Enthusiasm, and a CAN-DO ATTITUDE
• Personable and enjoy interaction with other areas of the business.
• Willingness to learn.
Maths and English GSCE preferred but not essential
Full Clean Driving Licensce
EFT Systems has been established for over 45 years, however over the last 2 years has seen significant growth in large service contracts and large installation projects. Due to rapid expansion we are currently recruiting for a talented individual to complete our apprentice programme
We are looking to recruit a competent individual to join our organisation. The successful candidate will be working for a progressive company with excellent career potential and benefit from extensive training and a strong all-round package.