Fire & Emergency Security System Apprentice Engineer
Salary: National Minimum Wage for apprentices
Start Date: 2020-10-05
Recruiter: Thompson AVC
- To assist Engineers on call outs / breakdowns and fault finding
- To assist in carrying out full installations and full PPM servicing of the various systems as above.
- To work whilst supervised, as part of an install or servicing team.
- To undertake on and off the job training.
- Working away from home when required.
- Any other duties as directed by a Level 1 Engineer or more senior management team member.
- To take ownership of allocated tasks.
- Comply with company procedures and documentation.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Comprehend and understand technical training.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Methodical approach.
- To demonstrate ownership/responsibility of a task from start to completion.
- IT skills
Prospects: a guaranteed full time, permanent position for the right applicant following successful completions and attainment of the FESS apprenticeship qualification.
- A commitment to delivering excellence
- Aptitude for learning
- Feedback skills
- Courteous and respectful to others
Good level of general education, specifically functional skills.
Should have a desire to obtain a full driving licence
To progress and develop within an established business, experiencing all disciplines related to the Life Safety and Security System industry.
Things to consider:
Will need to be happy to attend educational provision in Birmingham every 9-10 weeks for 3 days.
Should be prepared if a non-driver to make efforts to get to site/meet with colleagues for transport to sites.
Questions for candidates:
1. Why would you like to work in the Life Safety and Security System Industry, specifically our organisation?
2. Why do you think we should hire you?